Just two weeks after it was announced that Glover Teixeira would face Jimi Manuwa in the main event of UFC Fight Night 137 on September 22, 2018 in Sao Paulo, Brazil, the heavy-handed Brazilian has been forced out of the fight due to a shoulder injury.
That’s according to ESPN’s Ariel Helwani, who broke the news earlier today (Tues. Aug, 14, 2018).
Glover Teixeira is out of the Sept. 21 UFC São Paulo main event versus Jimi Manuwa due to injury, according to multiple sources. Story coming shortly to @espn.— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) August 14, 2018
Glover is coming off a unanimous decision loss to Corey Anderson, but still managed to land himself in the headlining spot opposite “Poster Boy.” The defeat was Glover’s third in last five outings.
A win over Jimi would’ve been big in his efforts to fight his ship.
While the news is devastating to both Glover and fight fans, the good news is the promotion has plenty of time to find a suitable replacement for Manuwa, who is desperately seeking a win after dropping his last two fights at the hands of Volkan Oezdemir and Jan Błachowicz.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage