Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Middleweight contender Chris Leben will end his combat sports retirement after nearly five years away from the fight game. But he won’t be dusting off his gloves to do so.
That’s because “The Crippler” will take part in a bare knuckle brawl for the World Bare Knuckle Fighting Federation. Leben took to Instagram to announce his upcoming match, which will be against “The New York Badass,” Phil Baroni.
Leben walked away from UFC back in 2013 following his technical knockout loss to Uriah Hall. The defeat was his fourth in a row. Still, despite ending his career on a bad stretch, he did find success early on, defeating the likes of Wanderlei Silva, Yoshihiro Akiyama and Alessio Sakara.
As for Baroni, he returned to mixed martial arts (MMA) after his own four-year hiatus to knockout Matt Lagler under the King of the Cage banner this past may. Prior to that, the ex-UFC veteran had dropped three in a row.
Since both men have had a history of spectacular knockouts, this scrap should provide fight fans with an all out war. The questions is, will you be watching?
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage