Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos came up short in his bid to become the interim Welterweight champion at UFC 225 on June 9, 2018 after losing a unanimous decision to Colby Covington.
More recently, “RDA” had to undergo plastic surgery after nearly losing his ear during the five-round title fight, which took place inside the United Center in Chicago, Illinois. And MMA Fighting’s Guilherme Cruz has the photo evidence.
“Tough situations build strong people, just had my ear fixed,” read the message on Rafael’s recent Instagram story.
According to the report, the ear injury has been an ongoing issue for the Brazilian bomber, who had to get stitches two weeks away from his title fight against “Chaos.” The root of the problem stems from the initial injury he suffered during a sparring session against Michael Bisping back in 2017.
Since then, dos Anjos has had to get stitches up on multiple occasions. Now that he’s undergone his recent procedure, hopefully he won’t have to go through that again. While “RDA” heals up, Covington will now look ahead to a title unification match against division champion Tyron Woodley later this year.
And it should be a good one.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage