Marlon Moraes continued his magical ways last night (Fri., June 1, 2018) at UFC Fight Night 131 from inside Adirondack Bank Center in Utica, N.Y., as the former World Series of Fighting (WSOF) champion ended Jimmie Rivera’s 20-fight win streak with a 33-second head kick knockout.
In what was pegged a rivalry fight between two top bantamweight title contenders, Moraes wasted little time proving that he’s the real deal at 135 pounds. The Brazilian landed a beautiful left head kick in the center of the Octagon that instantly thudded “El Terror” on the head and knocked him down. Rivera was stunned and Moraes pounced on top for some heavy ground-and-pound before the referee stepped in for the stoppage.
Check out the sensational finish above courtesy of UFC.
With this performance, Moraes improves his UFC win streak to three and locks down his second-straight first-round knockout. The 30-year-old looks primed for a title shot possibly by the end of the year, so the winner of T.J. Dillashaw vs. Cody Garbrandt 2 better pay attention.
For complete UFC Utica results and coverage click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage