One of the great things about Twitter, at least in terms of mixed martial arts (MMA), is how it can transform a terrible fight (or fights) into a memorable experience by way of memes, jokes, and biting criticism.
Look no further than Junior Albini’s showdown against Andrei Arlovski at UFC Fight Night 120 (recap), where the Brazilian heavyweight was mercilessly teased for saggy Reebok shorts that looked more like a shitty diaper than trunks designed for an elite combatant.
Those days, sadly, are behind us.
“On Wednesday, when we try things on, I will be sure to make it as comfortable as possible so that doesn’t happen again,” Albini told MMA Junkie in news that has depressed jokesters around the ‘Net.
Might be time to retire that “Baby” nickname in the process.
Albini (14-3) put the heavyweight division on notice by smashing and trashing Timothy Johnson at UFC on FOX 25 in summer 2017, but came up short in his follow-up fight against “The Pitbull.” His next assignment is a UFC 224 “Prelims” showdown opposite Aleksei Oliynyk this weekend in Rio.
Tio see who else is fighting at UFC 224 click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage