Time heals all wounds.
It also ruins all mixed martial arts (MMA) careers, for this combatants who stay past their expiration dates. So even though Yoel Romero continues to defy the odds (and the drug tests) at age 41, his rematch against Robert Whittaker is going to be the fight where fans realize he’s no spring chicken.
“It’s hard, the dude just keep fighting, he’s tough,” Whittaker said. “I’m looking forward to having an exciting fight with Yoel, it’s gonna be another war. But I think this fight will be the fight that shows his age.”
Whittaker first went to war with Romero at UFC 213 in July 2017, handing “Soldier of God” his first loss inside the Octagon. They’ll run it back for “The Reaper’s” undisputed strap in the upcoming UFC 225 pay-per-view (PPV) main event on June 9 in Chicago.
For much more on their 185-pound rematch click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage