All fucking hell just broke loose (again) at the UFC 223 media day.
Originally held to promote the upcoming lightweight title fight between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Max Holloway, the press gathering quickly devolved into the Conor McGregor show, as “Notorious” crashed the Brooklyn festivities and caused a huge melee.
I guess he’s not handling this news very well.
McGregor will be stripped of his strap on Saturday night (April 7, 2018) as a result of his inactivity. While the power-punching Irishman is expected back in September, there’s no guarantees he’ll defend his title, especially with this mega-fight on the horizon
Then again, he may never return at all, depending on what disciplinary action is taken in the wake of this latest incident.
McGregor reportedly chased after Nurmagomedov — who was recently embroiled in a shoving match with “Notorious” stablemate Artem Lobov — and ended up throwing objects at a departing van.
A source has told me a tha Dana White turned up at the scene and said.... "Conor is in jail, he's done"— Jim Edwards (@MMA_Jim) April 5, 2018
UFC 223 main card competitor, Michael Chiesa, was allegedly cut by the broken glass, according to on-scene reporter Ariel Helwani.
Much more on this breaking story still to come. Stay tuned.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage