clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Bisping: Rockhold isn’t fighting me in July, should stick to modeling

New, 41 comments
UFC Fight Night: Rockhold v Bisping Press Event Photo by Matt King/Getty Images

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight champion, Michael Bisping, has once again poured water on matchmaking flames, insisting a rubber match with Luke Rockhold is NOT in the works for July.

Despite opening the door to it just last month.

“I can categorically on the record state that I have not been offered a fight with (Rockhold) on July 7,” the semi-retired Bisping told MMA Fighting. “He shouldn’t be so keen to get knocked out again anyway. Stick to modeling. Judging by his last three fights, MMA certainly doesn’t appear his thing anymore.”

Rockhold recently said his “Count” trilogy was “on the table.”

The 185-pound division has undergone a pretty serious facelift since the last time they shared the Octagon (UFC 199 in June 2016). Robert Whittaker is now the middleweight champion and Yoel Romero — fresh off last month’s romantic massacre of Rockhold — is the No. 1 contender.

What a difference a few months makes.