Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) strawweight rookie, Mackenzie Dern, used to talk like a valley girl. Now she speaks like a tourist from Brazil and mixed martial arts (MMA) fans want to know why, especially after watching this video documenting the evolution of her accent.
One person who won’t watch it is Dern, though she was flattered by all the attention.
“It’s so flattering, you know? I haven’t seen this video and I won’t watch it, you know? I’ve been asked about it,” Dern told MMA Fighting. “It’s flattering that they think about how I’m talking, you know?”
Hw she talks will be of little consequence once she steps into the cage against Ashley Yoder this Saturday night (March 3, 2018) inside T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, where the grappling ace makes her Octagon debut.
“I think, you know, after my UFC fight they’ll pay more attention to my fighting,” she said. “They’re paying so much attention to this, it’s a compliment, you know, that they look at that. People understand, like, this is me, and who I am, and, you know, I think it will pass in awhile.”
I think she underestimates the MMA fan base.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage