Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight champion, Conor McGregor, has been able to use his fame and fortune to help those around him obtain opportunities not otherwise afforded to random, run-of-the-mill fighters and coaches.
Not long after Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner, Dillon Danis, used his “Notorious” influence to gain employment with Bellator MMA, the man who made “touch butt” famous, Ido Portal, is transitioning from movement coach to full-fledged mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter.
Somewhere in the 209, Nate Diaz laughs.
As for McGregor, we still don’t have an official timeline for his combat sports return. The promotion is expected to take away his title when the cage door closes at the UFC 223 pay-per-view (PPV) event next month in Brooklyn, New York.
That’s where Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov will collide for the soon-to-be lightweight title and the winner may or may not face “Notorious” in September.
If the king of all burgers even returns at all.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage