This has been a long time coming.
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) looks to finally settle the bantamweight bad blood between Jimmie Rivera and Marlon Moraes by putting together a main card grudge match for the upcoming “Fight Night” event on FOX Sports 1, scheduled for June 1, 2018 inside Adirondack Bank Center in Utica, New York.
That’s according to a report from MMA Fighting.
Rivera (21-1) is undefeated under the UFC banner, landing at No. 4 in the official rankings (see them here) after wins over Urijah Faber and Thomas Almeida, just to name a few. “El Terror” was expected to throw down against Dominick Cruz — then John Lineker — as part of the UFC 219 festivities last December, but separate injuries put an end to those respective bouts.
Which could have been saved by Moraes, based on this.
Moraes (20-5-1) was imported from the now-defunct World Series of Fighting (WSOF) promotion and came up short — just barely — in his Octagon debut opposite top contender Raphael Assuncao. “Magic” rebounded with back-to-back wins over John Dodson and Aljamain Sterling, the latter of which caused this.
No other bouts have been announced for the upcoming fight card in Utica; however, you can expect that to change in the coming weeks, if not days.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage