Bellator 194: “Mitrione vs. Nelson 2” went down inside Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn., last Friday night (Feb. 16, 2018). The headlining fight for that card was a Heavyweight Grand Prix bout that also doubled as a rematch between Matt Mitrione and Roy Nelson.
Medical suspensions from Mohegan Tribal Department of Athletic Regulations for “Mitrione vs. Nelson 2” have been released. And following his fight with Vadim Nemkov (recap here) Liam McGeary has been placed on an indefinite medical suspension and must be cleared by an orthopedist because of the battering his left knee took. The mandatory minimum he’s out of action is 90 days.
Roy Nelson earned a 45-day suspension for his main event fight following a laceration, while Derek Campos will sit on the sidelines for a minimum of 90 days and has to be cleared by a doctor for a fractured orbital bone following his technical knockout loss to Patricky Freire.
Check out the complete list of Bellator 194 injuries and medical suspensions:
* Roy Nelson - 45 day medical suspension (laceration)
* Liam McGeary - suspended indefinitely (must be cleared by orthopedist) 90 days minimum
* Vadim Nemkov - 45 day medical suspension (contusion)
* Derek Campos - 90 day medical suspension (must be cleared by doctor)
* Jose Antonio Perez - 30 day medical suspension (precautionary)
* Geoffrey Then - suspended indefinitely (must be cleared by neurologist) 90 days minimum
* Tom English - 60 day medical suspension (must be cleared by neurologist)
* Peter Nascimento - 30 day medical suspension (precautionary)
* Tyler Hamilton - suspended indefinitely (must be cleared by orthopedist) 90 days minimum
Just a quick reminder: Fighters often return to action much quicker once doctors give them the green light. The lengthy suspensions are just a precaution in most cases. In addition, not all injuries are recorded during the post-fight examination and often times surface in follow-up tests.
To check out the latest Bellator MMA-related news and notes be sure to hit up our comprehensive news archive right here.