Retired boxing icon, Floyd Mayweather Jr., made a mockery of Tenshin Nasukawa on New Year’s Eve, popping and dropping the Japanese kickboxer during their special exhibition match to close out the RIZIN 14 combat sports extravaganza inside Saitama Super Arena.
For complete RIZIN 14 results and live updates from Japan, click here.
With kicks being removed from the contest, Nasukawa was unable to use his best weapon, so the 20 year-old striker entered the ring with a marked disadvantage. That said, the way he was so quickly and easily dismantled, I’m not sure it would have made a difference.
So much for going rogue.
Mayweather, 41, hasn’t been seen since stopping former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) champion Conor McGregor. Nasukawa vowed to get revenge for “Notorious,” but went down in flames before the end of the first round after his corner threw in the towel.
Heck, even Apollo Creed made it to the second stanza against Ivan Drago.
Anyway, Mayweather ends his 2018 much the same way he did 2017: laughing all the way to the bank at the expense of mixed martial arts (MMA) promoters trying to make a buck off his still-newsworthy name.
New Year’s resolution? No more of this silliness, please.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage