ONE Championship continues to make headlines with yet another high-profile acquisition, recently naming former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) women’s bantamweight champion, Miesha Tate, as Vice President for the Singapore-based mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion.
The announcement comes after a busy month for ONE, which also grabbed free agent and former UFC lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez, as well as ex-flyweight kingpin Demetrious Johnson. In addition, welterweight wunderkind Sage Northcutt is in Asia this week and expected to join the fray.
“I am thrilled to join ONE Championship as a vice president,” Tate said. “I truly believe in its mission of unleashing real-life superheroes who ignite the world with hope, strength, dreams and inspiration. I’m honored to bring my experience as a World Champion and to help inspire the next generation of athletes. And of course, I am excited to relocate to my new home, Singapore, and travel throughout Asia!”
Tate knows a thing or two about real-life superheroes.
The 32 year-old “Cupcake” retired from UFC in the wake of her uninspired performance against Raquel Pennington at UFC 205 in New York. Perhaps best known for her rivalry with Ronda Rousey, the former Ultimate Fighter coach also held gold for Strikeforce.
Tate and her family will be relocating to Singapore.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage