Jacare Souza outlasted Chris Weidman in a wild middleweight brawl last night (Sat., Nov. 3, 2018) at UFC 230 live on pay-per-view (PPV) from inside Madison Square Garden in New York City, by finishing the former UFC champion via third-round TKO.
Weidman looked really sharp on his feet throughout this fight, but no matter how many times he hit Souza the Brazilian remained dangerous with power. While Weidman impressively absorbed a lot of damage in the second half of the bout he couldn’t push through a Jacare right hand to the forehead in the third round. Weidman fell to the canvas like a sack of potatoes, referee Dan Miragliotta somehow didn’t step in for the stoppage, and Souza had to land a few more punches for the official finish.
Check out the full fight video highlights above courtesy of UFC.
With this performance, Jacare gets back in the 185-pound win column after losing a split decision to upcoming title challenger Kelvin Gastelum back in May. The 38-year-old continues to prove he’s one of the very best middleweights on the planet so hopefully this finish over a former UFC champion will turn into Jacare’s own UFC title shot. He may have to win one more fight to get there, but this will certainly help.
For complete UFC 230 results and coverage click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage