Welterweight veteran Ben Saunders didn’t last long earlier tonight (Sat., Nov. 3, 2018) at UFC 230 from inside Madison Square Garden in New York City, as Lyman Good put a brutal stop to “Killer B” via knockout just 93 seconds into the first round.
Saunders led the dance in the early going. He landed a few good body kicks before working into the clinch. While Saunders launched a few meaningful knees inside, it was Good who scored the more powerful shots. A flurry of upper cuts eventually did Saunders in as Good sent him crashing to the canvas and followed up with once final hammer fist.
Check out the nasty knockout stoppage above courtesy of UFC.
With this performance, Good gets back into the win column after dropping a Fight of the Night split decision to Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos at UFC on FOX 25 last year. The New York native hasn’t been nearly as active as he’d like since making his UFC debut in 2015, but he remains a promising talent at 170 pounds. At the end of the day, before his crossover to the Octagon, Good had only lost to Ben Askren, Andrey Koreshkov, and Rick Hawn. That’s pretty damn good.
For complete UFC 230 results and coverage click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage