It was Daniel Cormier who brought Popeye’s Chicken into the mixed martial arts (MMA) scene with his now-infamous parody video that shows the current Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) “champ-champ” singing some tunes while chowing down on cake and chicken (watch it).
In fact, “DC” hails from Louisiana, home state of the franchise chain.
But, it’s Derrick Lewis who is getting in good with the company, as his manager took to social media to announce the Popeye’s location in Houston, Texas — Lewis’ hometown — will be giving “Black Beast” chicken for life.
And that just seems to be the beginning of a blossoming partnership.
And he loves his chicken, too:
As far as “what corporate is doing,” that remains a mystery, but it seems “Black Beast” is cashing in on that personality of his. He also looks to score the biggest win of his career when he faces off against Cormier for the heavyweight title this Saturday night (Nov. 3, 2018) at UFC 230 in New York, New York.
To see the entire “Cormier vs. Lewis” line up for this Saturday night’s action click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage