Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight champion, Daniel Cormier, insists he’s closed the book on his Jon Jones feud after two decisive losses (one recently overturned) and years of pre- and post-fight drama.
Perhaps Dana White didn’t get the memo, which would explain why the promotion president is already trying to talk his way into a third fight between the pair, even if it has to take place at heavyweight, where “DC” recently “joined the club.”
“The hatred is real with these two, it’s unbelievable,” White told TMZ Sports. “I would like to see it, I think the fans would like to see it. What would be interesting is, we might see it at heavyweight. I’m gonna do whatever ‘DC’ wants to do. I’m gonna do everything in my power to make that man happy.”
Cormier is expected to make his first and only title defense against Brock Lesnar in early 2017, a massive pay-per-view (PPV) fight that would retire “DC” in style. The only problem with Lesnar, who also failed a drug test, is that he still does not have a UFC contract and hasn’t yet satisfied these requirements.
So if the WWE star is ruled ineligible or fails to come to terms with UFC, the next available fight would be the soon-to-be reinstated Jones, though former champion Stipe Miocic may also have something to say about that.
Time will tell.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage