If Michael Bisping is going to have a farewell fight, it’s not going to be in front of his hometown fans. At least not the ones who are buying tickets to see the UFC London event on March 17 across the pond.
Straight from the horse’s mouth:
Don't buy tickets to see me fight in London. I'm not fighting. Just spoke with ufc.— michael (@bisping) January 30, 2018
The former middleweight champion went from king of the 185-pound mountain to out of the top five in less than a month, thanks to consecutive losses — and finishes — to Georges St-Pierre and Kelvin Gastelum.
While his advanced age (soon-to-be 39) already had “The Count” contemplating retirement, Bisping refused to hang up the gloves in the wake of his stunning defeat to the shit pile. Unfortunately, UFC was unable to put together a fight in time for its London return.
Since Bisping has yet to make any sort of formal announcement, or at least bid his fans adieu, it’s likely we’ll see The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 3 champ somewhere down the road, depending on what opponents or venues become available.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage