Vitor Belfort was forced to sit idle after his fight against Uriah Hall -- which was set to go down tonight (Sun., Jan. 14, 2017) at UFC Fight Night 124 in St. Louis, Missouri — was cancelled after “Primetime” fainted and suffered a seizure prior to weigh-ins due to complications from the weight-cutting process.
Soon thereafter, reports surfaced via Combate.com that UFC had offered the Brazilian bomber a fight against Michael Bisping, which was being targeted for a UFC Fight Night event on March 17, 2018 in London, England.
According to “The Count,” however, the rematch is simply not going to happen, as he tells MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani that he isn’t interested in taking part in a rematch against Belfort.
A report surfaced earlier today that Michael Bisping v Vitor Belfort is in the works for London in March. I asked @bisping if that was true. He said 100% not true. He also said, “I detest Vitor. Do not want to be associated with him in the slightest.”— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) January 14, 2018
The two men have already tangoed once before, as Belfort knocked out “The Count” way back in 2013 at UFC on FX 7 in Brazil. A lot has changed since then, as Bisping went on to win the Middleweight title while Vitor came up short in his bid to win the strap at UFC 187.
Bisping has since lost the title, suffering a submission loss to Georges St-Pierre at UFC 217, which was followed up by a first-round knockout loss to Kelvin Gastelum two weeks later. The British banger revealed he would fight one more time before calling it quits, but one thing is certain, it won’t be against Belfort.