The Octagon debut of Gokhan Saki went as planned last night (Fri., Sept. 22, 2017) at UFC Fight Night 117 live on FXX from inside the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan, but it came with some unexpected speed bumps. While the kickboxing superstar started out strong against fellow light heavyweight Henrique da Silva, Saki showed some signs of gassing towards the end of the first round. But even after Silva landed brutal knees and a nice combination along the cage that put Saki in temporary trouble, the “Turkish Tyson” remained composed and ended the Brazilian’s night with a scintillating left hook.
Check out the brutal knockout finish above courtesy of UFC.
With this win, Saki enters the mix at 205 pounds with a memorable stoppage. He obviously has a lot of work to do having not fought in any facet sine 2015, but the 33-year-old striker offers brutal finishing ability in a division desperate for new blood.
For complete UFC Fight Night 117 results and coverage click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage