Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight titleholder, Jon Jones, was stripped of his 205-pound strap after flunking his UFC 214 pre-fight drug test, which returned positive for the anabolic steroid Turinabol.
More on how the mess unfolded here.
Now, “Bones” must wait for United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) to hand down his suspension from mixed martial arts (MMA), which could be up to four years thanks to a previous offense.
Jones, however, denies any cheating.
Dude the truth is I would never do steroids, I put that on my children and I put that on my Heavenly Father https://t.co/i8EEbrQU5x— Jon Bones Jones (@JonnyBones) September 14, 2017
Hopefully for this guy he doesn’t mention that bible verse.
Jones recaptured his 205-pound crown by starching Daniel Cormier at UFC 214, who ended up the light heavyweight champion the first time “Bones” tripped over his own two feet in early 2015.
I blame the “idiots.”
Cormier is once again the division champion and will likely move on to face one of these two guys. Until then, all we can do is wait to hear the fate of Jones.
Which doesn’t look good.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage