Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight champion Jon Jones is no longer suspended by United States Anti-Doping Agency, thanks to a failed drug test that booted him from the UFC 200 pay-per-view (PPV) event last July.
More on that debacle here.
That means “Bones” is cleared to battle longtime rival and current 205-pound kingpin Daniel Cormier at the upcoming UFC 214 extravaganza later this month in Anaheim, Calif., assuming there are no more hiccups prior to fight night.
Or fuck ups.
“Yo Jonny Bones, congrats on your suspension for steroid abuse getting lifted today,” Cormier wrote on Twitter. “Only a few more weeks now, so please no fuck ups. Thanks, DC.”
Yes, these two are still at it.
After coming up short against Jones at UFC 182, Cormier was able to capture the vacant crown when Jones was stripped and pulled from their inevitable rematch (because of this).
“Bones” eventually returned ... only to be upended by USADA. Hopefully nothing goes wrong between now and July 29.
To see who else is fighting at UFC 214 click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage