You can’t blame this one on Demetrious Johnson.
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) limped across the finish line with its UFC 213: "Romero vs. Whittaker" pay-per-view (PPV) event, which took place inside T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, back on July 8, 2017.
The estimated PPV buys are expected to range between 125,000 to 150,000, according to MMA Fighting, one of the lowest numbers in nearly a decade.
As much fun as it is to beat up on UFC, it’s hard to hold them accountable for this month’s flop, as UFC 213 lost a couple of big fights along the way. That includes the women’s championship main event between Amanda Nunes and Valentina Shevchenko, as well as the bantamweight title bout pitting Cody Garbrandt against TJ Dillashaw.
Fortunately for the world’s largest mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion, it has a chance to rebound with a big showing for UFC 214, which hosts no less than three title fights, followed by whatever cut it gets of the Mayweather vs. McGregor PPV in August.
For more upcoming UFC events click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage