Not all the MMA action was focused around UFC 212 this weekend. While former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Miesha Tate was in attendance for UFC 212’s festivities in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, “Cupcake” addressed something other than ‘Aldo vs. Holloway.’ Instead, Tate discussed the recent drama surrounding Cris Cyborg and her physical altercation with Angela Magana last month at UFC’s athlete retreat over cyberbullying.
“That was a great day for me, I thought it was wonderful,” Tate told reporters this weekend in Brazil (shown above courtesy of MMA Fighting). “I wish she would have punched Angela harder. Angela is a bully, you know? She’s like a child who never grew up.”
Remember, Tate has traded verbal barbs with Magana in the past, calling her a “complete moron” and “hypocritical bully.” Seeing someone take action against Magana, especially a menacing force like Cyborg, was justified in the eyes of Tate.
“It’s not right,” Tate said about Magana’s bullying antics. “And I think that there should be harsher consequences for people who publicly bully people on the internet in person, everything. So, I think she had it coming, and I don’t blame Cyborg a bit.”
“I hope that the legal system looks at everything, because [Magana] really had it coming,” Tate said. “So I’m Team Cyborg all the way with that.”
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage