It was a fight card chock-full of Bellator debuts, as highly-touted lightweight prospect Aaron Pico made his first professional MMA appearance in a matchup with Zach Freeman earlier tonight (Sat., June 24, 2017) at Bellator NYC live on pay-per-view (PPV) from inside Madison Square Garden in New York City. Unfortunately for the 20-year-old youngster, Freeman didn’t seem to care about all the hype.
After catching Pico with an uppercut during an early exchange inside, Freeman grabbed a hold of Pico’s neck and started to crank. Pico tried to play defense, but he ultimately gave in to “The Alter Boy” by tapping out just 24 seconds into the first round. It was Freeman’s sixth submission win as the 33-year-old walks away with the most high-profile victory of his 11-fight career.
While this was Pico’s pro debut, Freeman’s quick finish goes to show you that MMA is a different animal. Pico is super talented and will most likely bounce back quickly from this loss, but Freeman taught him a lesson or two in short time.
For complete Bellator NYC results and coverage click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage