Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is working on the creation of a women’s flyweight division for the next season of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) combat sports reality show, which is expected to begin filming this July.
Despite the press release distributed by promotion on Thursday night, UFC President Dana White told Yahoo Sports that nothing was official at this time and that any news regarding a new 125-pound division was premature.
According to the release, fighters currently signed to the UFC roster (like her) can also apply for TUF 26 if they’re able to make the flyweight limit, so long as they meet the age requirement (21-34) and have a winning record.
The open casting call is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, May 23 at 8 a.m. PT inside Palace Station Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. Applications for the upcoming tryouts can be downloaded here. Fighters who make the cut will be required to remain in “Sin City” until May 27.
Still no word about those featherweights...
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage