The action was better than expected earlier today (Fri., May 12, 2017) for UFC’s “Summer Kickoff” press conference (video replay here) in Dallas, Texas. After UFC lightweight Kevin Lee brought up future opponent Michael Chiesa’s mother, the two proceeded to mouth off and eventually came to blows. The action was quick to be broken up, but it looks like Lee was able to land a punch.
The full video replay of the onstage clash can be seen above courtesy of UFC on FOX.
Chiesa, 29, is scheduled to meet Lee, 24, in a main event showdown at UFC Fight Night 112 on June 25 from inside Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. It will be the first headlining act for either lightweight, as Chiesa aims to extend his current win streak to four and Lee looks to push his own to five.
While it wasn’t planned, Chiesa and Lee probably did themselves a favor in boosting the appeal of their impending matchup. Of course, a fine is sure to follow after physically touching one another.
And to think that we are just a few days away from Mother’s Day. Shame on you, Kevin.
For more UFC Fight Night 112 fight card news click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage