Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight No. 1 contender, Anthony Johnson, watched the action at UFC Fight Night 108 last Saturday night (April 22, 2017) in Nashville, Tennessee.
Safe to say he was not impressed.
“Rumble” had a reality check for some of the longtime fighters on the FOX Sports 1 fight card, like Diego Sanchez and Jake Ellenberger, among others, for incurring too much damage in the twilight of the careers.
From his official Facebook page:
Watched some of the fights last night and I'll tell you this...Know when to hang em up! If you've already been knocked out in about your last 5-6 fights isn't that your body saying "I've had enough"? I get that it's a macho, I have bigger balls than you sport but man some of these dudes are going to forget their name by the time they're 45. Good luck with that...
“Rumble” knows a thing or two about hanging them up.
Johnson retired earlier this month after his submission loss to Daniel Cormier, insisting he was no longer interested in taking punishment inside the cage. While his next endeavor remains a mystery, his absence left a gaping hole in the 205-pound rankings.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage