Georges St-Pierre made his way back onto the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) stage yesterday (Fri., Mar. 3, 2017) in Las Vegas, Nevada, for a scintillating press conference (watch full video here) opposite current middleweight champion Michael Bisping. The two mixed martial arts (MMA) stars will lock horns sometime this year in what can only be considered a bona fide superfight.
UFC was nice enough to compile a highlights package for the presser, which can be seen above. From a confident GSP to a seemingly drunk Bisping, the back-and-forth banter was true gold. After the talking was over, the two men squared off for an intense staredown.
Nobody knows for sure how St-Pierre will look in his return to the Octagon, especially since the legendary welterweight king is moving up to 185 pounds. But if there is one fighter at middleweight who GSP can handle, it may very well be “The Count.”
UFC president Dana White stated that the title fight would go down during the promotion’s International Fight Week in July if everything falls into place, so this is just one of many public encounters that GSP and Bisping will endure before their fists do the talking.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage