Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is doing some spring cleaning as it wraps up the first quarter of its 2017 fight campaign, removing nearly a dozen fighters from its mixed martial arts (MMA) roster this week.
Chief among them is welterweight slugger Brandon Thatch, who debuted with very high expectations — along with a pair of violent back-to-back wins — but since dropped four straight, getting submitted in all four losses.
Some of these names may not come as a surprise, like former UFC strawweight Valerie Letourneau, who indicated her contract was in “Trouble” last February in the wake of three straight losses.
The good news is, there are still plenty of options for life outside of UFC.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage