Ahead of this weekend’s (Sat., Feb. 11, 2017) UFC 208 pay-per-view (PPV) event in Brooklyn, N.Y., Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) rolled out its traditional "Top 8 Finishes" video highlighting the top finishes of they key main card combatants.
Conspicuously absent from the list is Holly Holm's devastating head kick knockout over former UFC women’s Bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, which occurred in at UFC 193 in 2015 (see it here). And since Holm — who headlines the PPV event — doesn’t have another finish inside the Octagon, she was left off the list completely, while everyone else -- including her opponent Germain de Randamie -- were given their time to shine.
That said, I leave it to you to ponder why one of the best -- and most reverberating -- knockouts in the history of MMA — not just the women’s divisions — was completely ignored. But, probably don't have to go far, considering Rousey has very influential "friends" in very high places.
In the meantime, take a look at who did make the list by clicking play in the embedded video above and by checking out the list below:
8. Dusin Poirier knocks out Bobby Green at UFC 199.
7. Tim Boetsch knocks out Brad Tavares at UFC Fight Night 47.
6. Germain de Randamie knocks out Anna Elmose at UFC Fight Night 87.
5. Derek Brunson knocks out Uriah Hall at UFC Fight Night 94.
4. Jim Miller chokes out Melvin Guillard at UFC On FX 1.
3. Ronald Souza knocks out Yushin Okami at UFC Fight Night 28.
2. Glover Teixeira knocks out Rashad Evans at UFC on FOX 19.
1. Anderson Silva knocks out Rich Franklin at UFC 64
To see the most updated UFC 208 fight card click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage