Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is at it again and making some changes to its current active roster. Per a report by UFCFightersInfo on Twitter, the promotion has removed notable fighters such as Brock Lesnar, Lorenz Larkin, Rick Story, Takeya Mizugaki and Erik Perez from the roster. The full list of fighters no longer listed on the active roster is as follows:
Jon Delos Reyes
In addition to these names, newly retired fighters Tim Kennedy, Sean O'Connell and Aisling Daly were also removed.
Lesnar, 39, is easily the most notable name on this list. The former UFC heavyweight champion made his return to the Octagon at UFC 200 to earn a unanimous decision win over Mark Hunt, but was later popped for a United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) violation and dished out a fine and suspension.
As for Larkin and Story, their removal from the UFC roster leads us to believe the promotion will not attempt to resign them in 2017.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage