Tyron Woodley has kinda sorta been on the shelf due to a shoulder injury, but there's a twist: he keeps waffling on whether or not he'll get it fixed before accepting a fight or not. The general vibe? That he'll take a fight if it's a big money fight. Otherwise, he'll do the shoulder repair.
Considering a fight with Nate Diaz or Georges St-Pierre isn't about to drop into his lap, it sounds like he's deciding to get the shoulder sorted. Woodley laid out what sounds like his final decision in an interview with TMZ Sports.
“I’m going to go ahead and get this shoulder repaired,” Woodley said. “I’ve been saying you know what, I don’t want to get it cut on, I don’t want to get it repaired. But if there’s no fight that really makes a ton of sense for me to take the risk of not being 100% with my shoulder, then I’m going to go ahead and have it repaired."
"They’re not going to do a full orthopedic rehabilitation, but they’re going to do a scope and they’re going to anchor down some sides. Then I’m going to get some platelet rich plasma, some stem cells. I’m doing everything."
There's no timetable laid out for when Woodley could be back, but we wouldn't be surprised if his recovery seems tied to a decent welterweight contender appearing on the horizon. Looks like we've got another Michael Bisping style situation on our hands, folks.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage