clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Conor McGregor has nothing to fear from Irish mob, according to his father

New, comments
UFC 196: McGregor v Diaz Photo by Rey Del Rio/Getty Images

In case you hadn’t heard, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight champion Conor McGregor is allegedly being targeted by Dublin’s Kinahan drug cartel, thanks to a barroom brawl that left a connected geezer with some bumps and bruises.

More on that kerfuffle here.

But while those with knowledge of the Dublin crime scene are shaking in their boots, the “Notorious” family members are sleeping peacefully. That includes Tony McGregor, Conor’s dad, who calls bullshit on reports of their imminent demise.

“It’s grown legs and it’s getting that ridiculous – it’s become funny,” he told The Irish Mirror. “We have nothing to fear here, whatsoever. There’s no one after us for anything. I’d view 95% of that story as nonsense and the other 5% is overly exaggerated. And that’s it.”

McGregor had a different message for the Irish mob (read it here).

The trash-talking Irishman has been making headlines over the past few weeks, but for all the wrong reasons. After his meltdown at Bellator 187 in Dublin (more on that here), “Notorious” found himself benched until some point in 2018.

Then again, as rich as McGregor has become, he may never return to UFC unless he gets this.