As if Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight smashing machine Francis Ngannou wasn’t scary enough, we now have video of “The Predator” shattering the world record for punching power, previously set by kickboxing bruiser Tyrone Spong.
That’s bad news for those mixed martial arts (MMA) fans rooting for Alistair Overeem, who meets Ngannou in the UFC 218 pay-per-view (PPV) co-main event this Saturday night (Dec. 2, 2017) inside Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, Michigan.
Ngannou (10-1) has made a mockery of the UFC heavyweight division since making his Octagon debut in late 2015, racking up five straight wins with five violent finishes. Overeem (43-15, 1 NC), meanwhile, punched his way back to the top of the weight class with consecutive wins over Mark Hunt and Fabricio Werdum.
The former sits at No. 4 in the divisional rankings while the latter recently reclaimed the No. 1 spot (check out the entire top 15 here). And it should be noted “Demolition Man” has been knocked out 10 times in his MMA career.
To see who else is fighting at UFC 218 click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage