I don’t think anyone can say they didn't see this coming.
After losing five straight fights — in which he was finished all five times — former PRIDE FC lightweight champion Takanori Gomi will not have his contract renewed with Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC).
Despite his success on the international circuit, Gomi (35-14, 1 NC) was unable to get his groove back in stateside competition, going a putrid 4-9 and winning back-to-back fights just once across a span of eight years.
He’s not the only one.
Joining “The Fireball Kid” on the unemployment line will be Hacran Dias (23-6-1), Henrique da Silva (12-4), Adriano Martins (28-9), and Carlos Felipe (8-0), with Felipe getting axed in the wake of his two-year drug test suspension.
That’s four Brazilians in one fell swoop.
No question more cuts are sure to come in the coming days, but for now, these are the names that have bubbled to the surface.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage