Another big fight announcement came to the surface today (Sat., Nov. 11, 2017) as MMA Fighting reported that former UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping will now fight Kelvin Gastelum at UFC Fight Night 122 on Nov. 25 live on Fight Pass from inside Mercedes Benz Arena in Shanghai, China.
UFC officials later announced the middleweight booking.
Gastelum was originally scheduled to take on former UFC champion and all-time legend Anderson Silva, but “Spider” was popped by United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) earlier this week and subsequently removed from the main event.
Bisping, 38, is coming off a disappointing submission loss to Georges St-Pierre back at UFC 217 earlier this month, in which “The Count” relinquished his 185-pound title. While Bisping has hinted at retirement over the past few months, filling in for Silva on two weeks notice leads us to believe he has a lot of fight left in him.
As for Gastelum, despite his desire to fight one of the greatest fighters of all time in Silva, competing against a former champion like Bisping is nearly just as good.
For complete UFC Fight Night 122 fight card news click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage