Nothing business, just personal.
Much like Ronda Rousey before him, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight titleholder Conor McGregor had to make things personal with undefeated boxing legend Floyd Mayweather Jr.
That’s because “Notorious,” for all his success in mixed martial arts (MMA), has yet to complete the kind of Herculean tasks — at least in terms of fight purses — that are part and parcel to every Mayweather pay-per-view (PPV).
So, while “Money” is talking ... well, money, McGregor is countering with the CJ Watson feud Mayweather had a few years back, one that led to a domestic violence conviction and some time in the clink (more on that ugliness here).
Yes, “MacMoji” is a real thing.
McGregor, who recently obtained his boxing license in the state of California, spent most of 2016 talking about a boxing crossover fight with Mayweather, enough to catch the eye of the mainstream media.
His latest tweet, however, seems to validate this peer’s claim.
What say you?
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage