Alexander Gustafsson (17-4) won't be facing Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (22-7) at UFC Fight Night 100 on Nov. 19, 2016, in Sao Paulo, Brazil. That's because "The Mauler" is out of the main event because of an undisclosed injury, according to a report by MMAFighting.com.
Stepping in for the injured Gustafsson will be the No. 4-ranked Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Light Heavyweight, Ryan Bader (21-5). The fight will be a rematch of their UFC 119 encounter, which Bader won by unanimous decision back in 2010.
Bader, 33, is coming off a brutal first-round knockout win over Ilir Latifi at UFC Fight Night 93 in Hamburg, Germany, earlier this month, and has won six out of his last seven fights. Meanwhile, Nogueira, 40, bounced back into the win column with a technical knockout (TKO) victory over Patrick Cummins at UFC 198, after a two-fight losing streak. "Minotouro" has won three out of his last five fights.
Gustafsson, who is currently the No. 2-ranked UFC Light Heavyweight contender, recently defeated Jan Blachowicz by unanimous decision at UFC Fight Night 93.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage