Cody Garbrandt made a solid case for himself as a potential challenger to Dominick Cruz and his Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Bantamweight strap after knocking him out Takeya Mizugaki in a little under a minute at last night’s (Sat., Aug. 20, 2016) UFC 202 pay-per-view (PPV) event in Las Vegas, Nevada.
And Cruz, for one, isn’t opposed to a potential throw down against "No Love," declaring during the post-fight show (via Fox Sports) that he’ll gladly set him straight once he checks his emotions.
This, after Dominick apparently got under Cody’s skin by warning him he’d let him know who his daddy really is, and vice versa. As for Garbrandt — who Cruz dubbed the CM Punk of the 135-pound division — he is confident he can knock out the champ, break his jaw and end his reign once and for all.
The two exchanged verbal fire during the post-fight show and interviews, and you can see how it all unfolded in the video embedded above. Plus, Dominick explains the small confrontation they had prior backstage prior to UFC 202.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage