Ahead of their blockbuster pay-per-view (PPV) rematch at UFC 202 this weekend (Sat., Aug. 20, 2016), Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz have a message for Tyron Woodley and the other fighters on the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) roster who are chasing "big money" fights rather than fighting the top-ranked contenders: YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!
"You can't fight on Fight Pass and you can't fight on these shows that generate zip. (Shows) that generate zero and then start demanding these things," McGregor said (via FOX Sports 1). "I came in and I brought it all," he said. "I broke every record and then began demanding everything. I just feel they're bums -- 95-percent of the game is bums."
McGregor is the cash king, banking historic (at the time) guaranteed paydays for stepping inside the Octagon. In fact, referee John McCarthy recently revealed that "Notorious" was guaranteed as much as $10 million to compete at UFC 200 last month, but that appearance was scrapped when he was removed from the card. Nonetheless, with UFC 202 the "real" UFC 200, it's safe to assume that with half-million dollar training camps, McGregor is poised to earn a huge paycheck.
"I seen Woodley and [Georges St-Pierre] shaking hands and text messaging, 'let's make a fight,' he said in the most recent episode of 'Embedded.' "That's boring. You just killed the whole thing for our sake. Don't know one want to see no fight that friends set up. Fuck that."