I've got some bad news for Stephen Thompson...
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight champion Tyron Woodley, who won the division strap by pasting Robbie Lawler (watch it) at the UFC 201 pay-per-view (PPV) event last Sat. night (July 30, 2016) in Atlanta, Georgia, is more interested in big-money fights than working his way through top division contenders.
And at the top of every money list is Georges St-Pierre.
Fortunately for "The Chosen One," the dormant ex-champ is still interested in making his mixed martial arts (MMA) return later this year, and told the boys at MMA Fighting he would gladly accept the opportunity to reclaim the strap he never lost with a showdown against Woodley.
I know, I know, you've heard this one before.
St-Pierre hung up his gloves in late 2013 and the welterweight title went on to change hands a few times in his absence. Whether or not he can actually get past the negotiating stage -- with USADA and Reebok both influencing the timeline of his return -- remains to be seen.
How about it fight fans, St-Pierre ... or Thompson?
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage