Things come up in the mixed martial arts (MMA) world that don't necessarily incorporate any aspect of professional MMA itself. It's the price we all pay for covering, watching, and following a sport that is based completely around fighting.
So when news recently broke that superstar Justin Bieber uncorked a combination before getting trampled in a street fight, the MMA world took immediate notice. After all, the Biebs recently questioned the fighting style of Nate Diaz and got handed a beatdown in return.
While the video captured streetside clearly shows Bieber flailing like a boy being attacked by bees, boxing legend and personal friend Floyd Mayweather Jr. believes the pop star handled himself accordingly.
"I don't know why Justin Bieber is out there fighting," said Mayweather in a recent on-the-go interview with TMZ Sports (shown above). "I don't know why he's fighting, but he's ready. At the end of the day, people are going to say what they want to say. Justin Bieber ain't no bitch. He showed he got heart."
Wow. So maybe Bieber did do more than land a cheap shot to the chin of a man double his size before taking a dive onto the ground.
Mayweather added that he's still working with Bieber in the gym and liked what he saw from the 22-year-old.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage