Sports Illustrated -- not to be outdone with ESPN The Magazine's "Body Issue" news earlier this afternoon -- today announced its 2016 "Fittest 50" list, which ranks the world's fittest athletes in every sport, including mixed martial arts (MMA).
Leading the charge for Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) are former women's Bantamweight champion, Holly Holm, who landed in the No. 9 spot, and interim Light Heavyweight champion, Jon Jones -- who has packed on serious muscle since his reinstatement -- in the No. 4 position. Ronda Rousey (No. 19), Michelle "Karate Hottie" Waterson (No. 26) and Meisha Tate (No. 30) joined Holm in the Top 50, marking the second time this month that "Preacher's Daughter" has out-listed her competitive contemporaries.
Meanwhile, Flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson (No. 17) and, of course, Conor McGregor (No. 39) joined "Bones" on the male side of things.
Check out both Top 10 lists below"
SI's TOP 10 FITTEST MEN:
1. Ashton Eaton / Track and Field, Decathlete
2. LeBron James / Cleveland Cavaliers
3. Ben Smith / Crossfit
4. Jon Jones / UFC
5. Usain Bolt / Track and Field, Sprint
6. Cristiano Ronaldo / Real Madrid
7. Russell Westbrook / Oklahoma City Thunder
8. Jordan Burroughs/ USA Wrestling
9. Novak Djokovic / ATP Tennis
10. Renaud Lavillenie / Pole Vaulter
SI's TOP 10 FITTEST WOMEN:
1. Jessica Ennis-Hill / Track and Field, Heptathlon
2. Allyson Felix / Track and Field, Sprint
3. Simone Biles / USA Gymnastics
4. Katie Ledecky / USA Swimming
5. Serena Williams / WTA Tennis
6. Gwen Jorgensen / Triathlete
7. Claressa Shields / Boxing
8. Maggie Steffens / USA Water Polo
9. Holly Holm / UFC
10. Kerri Walsh Jennings / Beach Volleyball
To come up with the "Fittest 50," according to the release, Sports Illustrated editors, "worked with a panel of trainers, strength and conditioning coaches, performance experts, pro athlete coaches [to assess athletes] based on characteristics that define fitness and conditioning: strength, speed, endurance, agility, flexibility and skill in his or her respective sport."
In completely un-related news, Ennis-Hills' father bears a striking resemblance to Jon Jones:
Happy Father's Day to my amazing Dad and to all the other great Dad's out there. #oldschoolpic pic.twitter.com/mPt6GfTbvA— Jessica Ennis-Hill (@J_Ennis) June 15, 2014