Reigning Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) featherweight champion Conor McGregor has no one to fight inside the Octagon (his choice), so he's decided to keep busy by instead fighting mixed martial arts (MMA) fans on Twitter.
Aside from the usual talking points about his imaginary rematch against Nate Diaz, "Notorious" also declared himself the new king of pay-per-view (PPV) buys after beating -- check that, smashing -- the previous record held by WWE superstar Brock Lesnar.
That's a fact, Jack.
It is not safe to say. It is fact to say.— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) May 2, 2016
I hold PPV, Gate, TV, Fightpass and Embedded record.
Even Title fight KO. https://t.co/nqwoQSap9A
As for UFC 100?
Lesnar reportedly drew 1.6 million buys for his snuff film starring Frank Mir in summer of 2009.
McGregor was expected to break even more records with his main event do-over against Diaz at UFC 200, scheduled for July 9, 2016 inside T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, but the Irishman had a falling out with his superiors and will only return under a strict set of circumstances.
Or until that "Notorious" cash flow dries up.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage