Sorry to any and all mixed martial arts (MMA) fans who may have gotten their hopes up by reigning Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) featherweight champion Conor McGregor, but he's NOT fighting at the UFC 200 pay-per-view (PPV) event in July.
McGregor announced his Nate Diaz fight was back on and specifically thanked UFC President Dana White -- as well as UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta -- but White assured TMZ on Monday that "Notorious" was telling tall tales on social media and the fight is not happening.
"It's not true. We haven't talked to Conor or his manager since the press conference. I don't know why he would tweet that. All the media keeps asking me that. I feel like the scene in 'Step Brothers' when they ask if they can build the bunk beds. I don't know how many more times I can say the fight is off or how many more press conferences I can have saying the fight is off for people to believe it's off."
McGregor is trying his best Chief Joseph and will fight no more forever. Unless, of course, the promotion is willing to meet his (unreasonable?) demands and remove him from any and all press tours leading up to his next fight. Who will budge first?
Time will tell.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage