Fighters are always trying to impress Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) president Dana White. He's the man in charge for the biggest mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion in the world and usually wastes no time in signing talent he deems worthy.
So it was no surprise that nearly every fighter on Friday's Resurrection Fighting Alliance 37 card in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, waged war in order to capture White's attention. The UFC frontman was in attendance while filming the newest episode of "Lookin' for a Fight."
Through 12 total fights, the night produced five submissions (albeit one via strikes), three technical knockouts, and one knockout, as undefeated Light Heavyweight Devin Clark and Brazilian Bantamweight Leandro Higo claimed RFA gold. The action was absolutely electric to say the least.
"To say it was an awesome night, to say it was an epic night, to say it was unbelievable, are all understatements," said RFA commentator Michael Schiavello. "We have never seen RFA deliver like that and RFA always delivers."
Some of the night's action included:
- Devin Clark def. Rafael Viana via TKO (injury) – Round 2, 5:00 – to claim inaugural Light Heavyweight title
- Leandro Higo def. Joey Miolla via technical submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 2:07 – to claim vacant Bantamweight title
- Joseph Gigliotti def. John Poppie via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 1, 0:58
- Logan Storley def. Cody Lincoln via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 0:13
- Matthew Lopez def. Eli Finn via submission (strikes) – Round 1, 3:15
- Brian Camozzi def. Kenneth Glenn via knockout (knee) – Round 3, 1:02
- David Michaud def. Chris Hugh via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 1, 1:44
- Bryce Logan def. C.J. Hunter via unanimous decision
- Jordan Johnson def. Ryan Debelak via submission (arm-triangle choke) – Round 1, 1:02
"Insanity, the whole night," added fellow RFA commentator and former UFC standout Pat Miletich. "If I'm a young fighter and I know Dana White is going to be there, I'm going to be ready, I'm going to go out and lay it all on the line. And I'm going to get my spot in the UFC, definitely."
Having already offered contracts on the spot to former "Lookin' for a Fight" standouts like Lightweight sensation Sage Northcutt and Heavyweight Cody East, it's possible that White will find more than one fighter to sign after Friday's epic turnout.