Jon Jones is a model inmate.
It probably helps that "Bones," who is expected to headline the UFC 197 pay-per-view (PPV) opposite Daniel Cormier next month in Las Vegas, Nevada, has his own private wing at Metropolitan Detention Center in Bernalillo County.
"It's for his own protection," authorities told TMZ Sports.
"From the moment he walked into the jail, everyone knew he was there. It got around fast. Everyone knows who he is because he was just here a few months ago to speak as part of his community service."
Jones is expected to get in front of a judge on Thursday morning, as per MMA Junkie.
The former 205-pound kingpin found himself behind bars after being arrested for allegedly drag racing in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Not that revving your engine is a serious crime, but doing it while on probation for hit-and-run ... that's not going to fly 'round those parts.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage