All in the family.
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight (and part-time welterweight) Nate Diaz got the nod to fight Conor McGregor at the upcoming UFC 196 pay-per-view (PPV) event, which takes place on March 5, 2016 inside MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
But if he was unable to answer the call, his older brother Nick was more than happy to fill in for the injured Rafael dos Anjos, who broke his foot last week and was forced to withdraw.
"I'm fucking ready to go, bro," Diaz told FightHub after Wednesday's UFC 196 presser (watch it here). "I'm ready to go today. They said 170 [pounds], what the fuck?"
And "Notorious" was interested.
"I certainly did ask when Nick's ban is up," McGregor told FOX Sports Live (via MMA Fighting). "He's still banned so either or is good for me. Maybe somewhere down the line I'll probably contest against both, I feel."
If Nate loses at UFC 196 and brother Nick wants revenge, it will have to wait until August (because of this).